2836 Kalawao Street #17
- Single Family Home
- Asking $2.695M (fee simple)
Creekside in Mānoa
If you value great sleep, then pop open your windows and let the sounds of waterfalls and the cool night air of the Ko’olau Mountains wash over you. Wake up surrounded by raw nature’s living greenery, all day, every day, on every floor of this home. Sunlight plays a MAJOR role in life here on the side of upper Mānoa Valley.
With the investment of nearly $300,000.00 in 2023, this home lives like new again. In fact, we opted out of adding staging furniture so you can see the true craftsmanship that went into new, modern interiors, including but not limited to new: ground floor kitchen, downstairs wet bar (with full-size refrigerator and dishwasher), 3 full & 2 half bathrooms, LED light fixtures, paint, 3D/textured accent wall, engineered hardwood flooring, AC splits, stair treads and handrail, laundry room, and more.
Additional key features to know about this property:
- Located on the downslope side of Kalawao St, the main entry to the house is deceptively humble, despite its 3-car garage. It is constructed as 3-story home with a mezzanine between & behind the middle and top floors.
- The TOP floor is at street level. The open plan living-dining-kitchen area, 3-car garage, bright & spacious entry with huge art niche, powder room, and primary bed/bath suite with walk-in closet and security camera monitor are on this floor.
- The MEZZANINE is where you’ll find the laundry room. It’s also where the covered, outdoor work/storage space is accessed from indoors.
- The MIDDLE floor is one story below grade and has a “junior master” bed/bath suite, an additional bedroom, another full bath, a family room with wet bar area that is the size of a small kitchen, and a full-size den (that would be accounted a bedroom if it had a built-in closet).
- The BOTTOM floor is a full-story outdoor lanai with a 1/2 bath and the water heater closet. Instead of walls or handrails, the deck has built-in bench seating along the exterior border. The AC split compressors are suspended and protected from the elements behind the half bath.
- The 40 photovoltaic panels on the roof are owned (not leased).
- The garden space of this home is largely in the back. The lawn has a large, flat, and useable terrace between the slopes from the street to the Mānoa Creek. Drip irrigation feeds many of the planting beds. The riparian zone along the creek remains natural with a dense soundbarrier of forest. The bulk of the property has been landscaped nearer the home.
- There are u-shaped, wraparound lanais on both upper floors.
- The home is located in the Mānoa Hillside Estates electronically gate-controlled community.
– Filter by –
Rooms • Virtual Staging • Exteriors
by the numbers
Monthly HOA Fee [US$]
2023 Monthly Taxes [US$]
Sq. Ft. Interior
Sq. Ft. Garage
Sq. Ft. Lanai
Sq. Ft. Land
Would you like to…
- Ask questions?
- Schedule a visit?
- Make an offer?
5000 Kahala Ave, Honolulu, HI 96816
+1 (808) 372-6257